In 2022, the global market for probiotics in hospitals and nursing homes had a size of USD 110.2 million. It is anticipated to reach USD 245.34 million by 2032, with a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3% during the forecast period. The expansion in market revenue can be attributed to several factors, including the increasing prevalence of chronic illnesses, a growing preference for natural alternatives to antibiotics, and heightened public awareness of the health benefits associated with probiotics.
Globally, the incidence of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer is on the rise, leading to an increased demand for effective treatments. Research has shown that probiotic supplements offer positive effects on chronic conditions, including inflammation reduction and improved gut health, resulting in their increasing use in hospitals and nursing homes.
Furthermore, the overuse of antibiotics has led to the emergence of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, prompting the search for safer and more effective alternatives. Probiotics have emerged as a safe and efficient substitute for antibiotics, capable of treating and preventing infectious diseases without fostering antibiotic resistance.
Additionally, the growing public awareness of the health benefits associated with probiotics has driven the demand for probiotic supplements in hospitals and nursing homes. Probiotics have been demonstrated to enhance the immune system, support digestive health, and alleviate allergy and respiratory infection symptoms.
The growth in revenue of the hospital and nursing home probiotics market can also be attributed to advancements in probiotic production technology and the increased availability of probiotic supplements. The development of new probiotic strains and delivery methods that enhance the effectiveness and stability of probiotics has contributed to the rising demand for these supplements in healthcare facilities.
The expansion of hospitals and nursing homes worldwide is another driving force behind the market’s revenue growth. This trend is expected to generate substantial demand for probiotic supplements, particularly due to the rising occurrence of antibiotic-associated diarrhea among hospitalized patients.
However, the hospital and nursing home probiotics industry faces challenges, including limited awareness among patients and healthcare professionals regarding the health benefits of probiotics, the high cost of probiotic supplements, and the absence of regulatory standards for probiotic usage in these facilities. These factors represent significant obstacles to the market’s revenue growth.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/7035
- Danone SA
- Nestle S.A.
- Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd.
- Probi AB
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- BioGaia AB
- Lallemand Inc.
- Sabinsa Corporation
- Nebraska Cultures Inc.
Advantages of Hospital Nursing Home Probiotics Market
The hospital and nursing home probiotics market offers several advantages, which contribute to its growing popularity and adoption in healthcare settings. These advantages include:
- Improved Gut Health: Probiotics, when administered in hospitals and nursing homes, can help improve gut health. They promote a balanced gut microbiome, which is essential for digestion and overall well-being.
- Reduced Risk of Infections: Probiotics have been shown to enhance the immune system. In healthcare settings where patients are vulnerable to infections, probiotics can help reduce the risk of infections and support a quicker recovery.
- Management of Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea: Antibiotics can disrupt the natural balance of gut bacteria, leading to diarrhea. Probiotics can mitigate this side effect, making them valuable in hospitals where antibiotics are commonly prescribed.
- Support for Gastrointestinal Conditions: Patients in hospitals and nursing homes often suffer from gastrointestinal issues. Probiotics can provide relief from conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Prevention of C. difficile Infections: Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) infections are a significant concern in healthcare facilities. Probiotics can help prevent these infections, reducing the burden on healthcare resources.
- Enhanced Nutrient Absorption: Probiotics aid in nutrient absorption, which is crucial for patients with compromised health. They can help patients obtain more nutrients from their diets, promoting faster recovery.
- Management of Allergies: Probiotics may have a role in managing allergies and atopic conditions, which are common in both hospital and nursing home settings.
- Psychological Well-being: There is emerging evidence of the gut-brain connection. Probiotics may help improve mood and mental well-being in patients, potentially reducing stress and anxiety in healthcare environments.
- Cost Savings: By reducing the incidence of infections, complications, and the length of hospital stays, probiotics can contribute to cost savings for healthcare facilities and insurers.
- Patient Comfort: Patients in hospitals and nursing homes often experience discomfort due to gastrointestinal issues. Probiotics can alleviate some of this discomfort, improving the overall patient experience.
- Complementary to Conventional Treatment: Probiotics can be used alongside conventional medical treatments, offering a holistic approach to patient care.
- Reduced Antibiotic Resistance: Probiotics can potentially reduce the need for antibiotics in some cases, which can contribute to the fight against antibiotic resistance, a growing concern in healthcare.
- Personalized Treatment: Probiotic therapy can be tailored to individual patient needs, allowing for more personalized and effective care.
- Positive Health Outcomes: Ultimately, the use of probiotics in hospitals and nursing homes can lead to better health outcomes, shorter hospital stays, and improved quality of life for patients.
It’s important to note that while probiotics offer numerous advantages, their use in healthcare settings should be guided by healthcare professionals and supported by scientific evidence to ensure safe and effective implementation.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/hospital-nursing-home-probiotics-market
Segments covered in the report:
Segments covered by Application Outlook, End-use Industry, Regional Outlook
By Product Type Outlook
- Spore Formers
By Application Outlook
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Immune System Support
- Women’s Health
- North America (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Italy, U.K., Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Request a customization on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/7035
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. The report can be tailored to the needs of the client. Please contact us for more details, and our team will tailor the report to your specific requirements.
Explore Trending Report:
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyse consumer behaviour shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Power and Energy, and Chemicals. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
(Head of Business Development)
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Browse More Upcoming Reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports
Browse More Latest Reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report
Browse Latest Blogs: https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Browse Latest Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release
Browse Upcoming Reports: https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports