The global market for targeted RNA sequencing witnessed substantial strength in 2020 and is expected to maintain a consistent revenue growth rate throughout the projected period. Key drivers propelling the revenue growth in this market include the widespread popularity and global adoption of targeted RNA sequencing across diverse sectors, such as research institutions, healthcare facilities (including hospitals and clinics), biotechnology companies, and diagnostic laboratories.
Targeted RNA sequencing represents a precise approach for identifying and sequencing individual RNA transcripts, offering both quantitative and qualitative data. This can be achieved through enrichment or amplicon-based techniques, both of which focus on gene expression analysis within a specific set of genes of interest. Enrichment assays, in particular, enable the discovery of known and novel gene fusion partners in various sample types. With targeted RNA sequencing, it is possible to quantify messenger RNA (mRNA) or specific non-coding RNA (ncRNA) levels for up to 300 genes defined by the customer. This capability has revolutionized next-generation sequencing experiments by allowing precise targeting of specific genomic regions.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/162
Major Companies Profiled in The Report:
- Thermo Fisher
- Roche Holdings
- Berry Genomics
Advantages of Targeted RNA Sequencing Market
Targeted RNA sequencing, also known as RNA-Seq, is a powerful tool in the field of genomics and molecular biology. It offers several advantages that make it a valuable technique for researchers and clinicians:
- High Specificity: Targeted RNA sequencing allows researchers to focus on specific genes or regions of interest, increasing the specificity of their analysis. This is particularly useful when studying rare or specific transcripts.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to whole transcriptome sequencing, targeted RNA sequencing is often more cost-effective because it involves sequencing only the relevant portions of the transcriptome. This can result in significant cost savings, especially for large-scale studies.
- Sensitivity: Targeted RNA sequencing is highly sensitive and can detect low-abundance transcripts, making it suitable for applications where gene expression levels are low or where differential expression analysis is crucial.
- Reduced Data Complexity: Since only specific regions are sequenced, the data generated from targeted RNA sequencing is less complex and easier to analyze compared to whole transcriptome sequencing. This simplifies data processing and interpretation.
- Quantitative Accuracy: Targeted RNA sequencing provides accurate quantification of gene expression levels, allowing researchers to measure differences in expression with high precision. This is essential for identifying subtle changes in gene expression associated with various conditions or treatments.
- Customization: Researchers can design custom panels for targeted RNA sequencing, tailoring the assay to their specific research goals. This flexibility enables the study of specific pathways, disease-related genes, or variants of interest.
- Validation: Targeted RNA sequencing is often used to validate results obtained from other high-throughput sequencing techniques or gene expression assays, enhancing the reliability of findings.
- Clinical Applications: Targeted RNA sequencing has significant potential in clinical diagnostics and personalized medicine. It can be used to identify disease-specific biomarkers, monitor treatment responses, and guide therapeutic decisions.
- Sample Conservation: By focusing on specific genes or regions, targeted RNA sequencing conserves sequencing capacity and reduces the need for large amounts of input RNA, which can be advantageous when working with limited or precious samples.
- Experimental Reproducibility: The targeted nature of this technique reduces variability across samples, leading to higher experimental reproducibility and more robust results.
- Reduced Bioinformatic Challenges: Analyzing targeted RNA sequencing data is generally less computationally intensive and requires simpler bioinformatic workflows compared to whole transcriptome sequencing, making it accessible to a broader range of researchers.
- Long Read Sequencing: Advances in targeted RNA sequencing technologies now allow for long-read sequencing, enabling the detection of complex splicing events, isoform identification, and improved accuracy in transcript quantification.
In summary, the targeted RNA sequencing market offers numerous advantages, including increased specificity, cost-effectiveness, sensitivity, and suitability for a wide range of applications, from basic research to clinical diagnostics. As technology continues to advance, this technique is likely to play an even more prominent role in genomics and biomedical research.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/targeted-rna-sequencing-market
Detailed Segmentation in Our Report:
For the purpose of this report, the global targeted RNA sequencing market is segmented on the basis of technology, application type, and region:
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Exome Sequencing
- Enrichment Sequencing
- Amplicon Sequencing
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Research Institutes
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Biotechnology Company
- Diagnostic Lab
Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Request a customization on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/162
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. The report can be tailored to the needs of the client. Please contact us for more details, and our team will tailor the report to your specific requirements.
Explore Trending Report:
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyse consumer behaviour shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Power and Energy, and Chemicals. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
(Head of Business Development)
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Browse More Upcoming Reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports
Browse More Latest Reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report
Browse Latest Blogs: https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Browse Latest Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release
Browse Upcoming Reports: https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports